Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune... Disorders Organization for Research & Advocacy, Inc. (this is how you have to search for us if you need.) DBA as P.A.N.D.O.R.A., the charity I founded, is holding a very good ranking on Chase Community Giving. We are the only organization from within our overall Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders (NEIDs) Community that has made to the top 200 ranking now at number 140 with 1,1303 votes. You can vote for us at http://apps.facebook.com/c
We have accomplished this amazing task with the support of individuals like Frank OpDeBeeck,who created a tutorial video to get us on the top 200 and many more, including Phil Campos, who produced the video for the contest, Andrea Martell, Rik Carlson, Sus Cue-Sagman, Michelle Lonchar, Gaston Gingues, Andrea Pring, Pat LaRosa, Cort Johnson, Blair Miller, Betty McConnel, Sandi Lanford, Ashely VanTol, Martina M Punktchen, Claire Randall, Nancy K Jay, Thomas Hennessey, Keith Baker, Lisa Baldwin, and so many more. You know who you are and we are grateful to you all!
We are also grateful to our board members on Facebook who are asking their friends to vote and to the National Fibromyalgia Association, The CFIDS Association and the Whittemore Peterson Institute for posting on their Facebook pages asking their fans to vote for P.A.N.D.O.R.A. too.
BUT if we do not get a significant spike on the number of daily votes for our organization between now and July 12, the day the contest ends, we will lose the opportunity to receive a grant in the amount of $20,000.00. While for some of the larger organizations this may be a drop in the bucket, for us it is 95% of an entire year's budget. It is priceless!
Look at what we can do with $20,000.00:
1) Pay our phones, web site hosting, newsletters costs for 2010. Get a new computer that can handle new technology specifically for non-profits including a new efficient donor data base.
2) Continuing to position our organization and our strategical partners, so we can move on with our main project: The establishment of the NEI Center(TM), in New Jersey. It will take time and money to get this off the ground. http://www.neicenter.com/c
3) Get a new technologically updated web site that will continue to inform you and share what we do best.
4) Hire a part-time person to help us in the office to respond to an ever growing number of inquiries & assistance for individuals stricken with NEIDS.
5) Travel to DC to represent you at the CFSAC meetings, Pain Medical Conferences and at the IACFS-ME conference in Ottawa next year.
6) Collaborate with other organizations through our micro-grants for medical students, educational conferences and advocacy/lobbying efforts in the U.S. and abroad.
7) Expand the Quality of Life Advocate Program: Patient Advocates helping others and "paying forward".
8) Expand the Advocate Extraordinaire Program for PANDORA - http://www.neicenter.com/a
9) Cost of educational brochures (art work, printing and mailing)
10) Support of empowerment groups in Florida and beyond.
11) Provide support to parents with children stricken with NEIDs.
12) Create PSAs for the illnesses we embrace and expand PANDORATV on youtube.com - http://www.youtube.com/use
13) Strengthen our national and international advocacy and grass-roots initiatives.
These efforts combined with a Chase Community Giving grant will strengthen an organization that is patient-driven and physician approved.
Please vote today for Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune...(DB
if you haven't voted yet, we will run the risk of losing our current rankings and end up with NOTHING. You would not want this to happen... would you?
Often I hear that no one cares about our community. That the lack of respect, lack of money for research & patient treatment, and lack of awareness for the plight of millions is the norm. Well, here with Chase Community Giving we have the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to get all of the 3 major concerns we all have in one swoop. As a matter of fact with the number of individuals stricken with CFS-ME and fibromyalgia, our organization could have been on the top 5, competing for the $250,000.00 and $100,000.00 grants.
Make sure you Vote for PANDORA NOW - today and for the other organizations that too share a similar mission with us. We cannot afford to miss this wonderful opportunity. If we are able to get another 5 or more orgs on the top 200, we are speaking of a cash injection in our advocacy movement of at least $120,000.00. To see the list of the organizations suggested by advocates go to http://www.facebook.com/no
Here is the link again: http://apps.facebook.com/c
Thank you for your support! We can win this grant! All we need is your vote.
In Good Health and In Beauty,
Marly Silverman, Founder, P.A.N.D.O.R.A. - www.pandoranet.info
Co-founder: The NEI Center(tm) - www.neicenter.com